A few of our favourite things (and places)...
- Noble Rot Magazine is the home of exciting wine and food writing. It was founded by two friends, Dan Keeling and Mark Andrew, who met through a shared love of wine, design and independent magazines whilst working next door to each other.
- The Marksman is where Tom Harris, the erstwhile Michelin-starred head chef of the former St. John Hotel, and Jon Rotheram, the former head chef of Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen, have teamed up. Simple, well-cooked food served without fuss in a proper pub in east London.
- Auberge de Chassignolles: A charming inn and restaurant in the Auvergne previously owned by Ali and Harry Lester (of London's acclaimed Anchor & Hope). It is now in the capable hands of Peter Taylor (of Bristol's Riverstation).
- Le Saint Eutrope is Ali and Harry Lester's latest venture located in Vieux Clermont. Already recognised by Le Fooding magazine as one of the best bistros in France, it features well sourced dishes served up in a cosy atmosphere accompanied by a fantastic wine list.
- Sutton Community Farm: A charity we like, and they need a little help with their barn to keep visitors warm and out of the occasional rain. Charlotte Steel and her good folk have created a local success story and a great civic amenity... amenities are not just libraries, bus stations and the “leisure”.
- Capital Growth: As Trevor says “Locally is how you change the world”. Maddie Guerlain and the good folk at Capital Growth are making a difference to our London, just take a peek at their website. Photo credit: Capital Growth